Thursday 20 February 2014

Brit Awards 2014 Makeup Looks

Lets begin with Jessie J's lilac lips. I know what she was going for as lilac is going to be big in 2014. However, on the red carpet it didn't really work for her. This is a trend which many will find difficult to wear successfully. Lilac lips have been all over the S/S 2014 catwalks so she was willing to take the risk. Unfortunately it didn't work out for her this time. In the words of Jessie J 'The lip, didn't work. Get over it. I have. Onto the next look!'. 



Rita Ora had one of my favourite looks from the night. I'm usually not in to her style but I really liked the makeup and outfit this time round. I really like the colours of the eyeshadow as they really compliment the outfit and hair. Seeing her with a nude lip also made a nice change from her usual statement red lips.


Can we all just appreciate Ella Eyre's hair. She's still making a name for herself so I think this suited the occasion. I loved her hair it was so big. She wanted to make a statement and it worked.


So many risks were taking this year at the Brit Awards. Whether it was Jessie J's on trend lilac lips or Lily Allen's yellow ombre celebrities wanted to push the boundaries. Nicole Scherzinger stuck to what she knows works for her. I loved Katy B's statement red lip. You don't have to be outrageous to make a statement.




8 comments:

  1. You missed Rosie Huntington Whiteley. She was also looking fab...

    Check latest Anarkali Dresses in UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many celebrities looked stunning I just focused on my favourites xx

      Delete
  2. Hopped over from BeautyRaes Blog Hop.
    I loved Rita Ora's look too, she sooo suits yellow :D

    Rachel x
    www.times2style.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would look terrible in Lilac lipstick, booo....it is very pretty on some! :)

    New follower from The Bright Side Beauty Hop :)
    BeautyByJennafer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think on the right person it looks so nice. Thanks for the follow.

      Melissa xx

      Delete
  4. Wow great post,love the nude lipstick(Rita Ora)
    I not a big fan of purple lipstick but it is a beautiful colors !
    Would you like to follow each other,let me know on my blog and i follow yo back!
    http://cinnamonanddanako.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like deep purple shades.

      Melissa xx

      Delete