Sunday 9 February 2014

Dye Time: Clip in extensions

I wear sew in extensions e.g. a weave. I'm not going to get in to the whole natural vs weave debate. Anyway, when my weave begins to lack volume I like to use clip in extensions. Instead of buying a pack of clip in extensions I usually just buy a packet of hair then sew the clips on myself. I ordered this pack of hair from Paks Cosmetics for £16.99 it was suppose to be £32. The hair is the American Dream Human Hair Luxurious Silky Straight weft in 20 inches. As this was in the sale you can't really pick the correct colour so I dye my hair. It is cheaper this way.

To dye the hair I used Garnier Colour Sensation in the colour Prestige Black. I purchased this for £3.30 from my local Home Bargains. It doesn't really need to be an expensive colourant for this job. The dye was really easy to use and the hair absorbed the colour great. 



Here are the end results

The dye perfectly covered the red ends. I think this is a really good method to use when you can't always have a new weave. 

I now have full voluminous hair again!











No comments:

Post a Comment