Thursday 27 February 2014

Avon Mega Effects Mascara

This mascara is interesting as it doesn't look like your average mascara wand.  

It currently retails for £10. I think this is quite expensive for an Avon product but it is still one of the cheaper mascaras around.


I'm definitely not sold on this. For me it is definitely a gimmick. I found the brush quite difficult to manoeuvre on my short lashes. If you have longer eyelashes it may work better. I did end up with mascara on my eyelid which isn't ideal. It did wipe off easily enough. 


One thing I would like to point out about this mascara is its wet consistency. It takes slightly longer to dry than your average mascara. So I end up with mascara under my eye even though I thought it would have been dry.



I think for the price you can get a better mascara from the typical shops Boots and Superdrug. 



This one wasn't for me.







9 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Liebester Award!:) (sorry if you've already done one, I did try and check) Go to corriearnold.blogspot.co.uk to check out all the details. Remember to let me know when youv'e posted so I can have a read:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to try this as well, but i didn't understand how it would work. It's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most weird-looking mascara I've ever seen!!love your blog!i'd love to keep in touch,follow back?
    xoxo,
    Rachel
    chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I have followed you back.

      Melissa xx

      Delete


  4. Hi - You have a super cute blog!!! I just started my first blog ever- please check it out and follow @ bbeautybydutchess.blogspot.com
    I got to your link via Brightside Beauty Blog Hop and I'm following you on bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I have followed you back

      Melissa xx

      Delete
  5. I would be scared to put this mascara put to my eyes! It looks so...different ahaha
    Your background is really cute btw
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does look scary. Thank you for your lovely comment.

      Melissa xx

      Delete