Tuesday 25 March 2014

Life: Coping with your workload whilst at university

I'm probably not the best person to give you advice when it comes to completing uni work. I don't like to leave things last minute but I struggle to start my work. You have far less work to do now compared to the torture you go through to get here. 

But what actually happens is you will get assigned work due for 3 months time. When do you start? 


You think 1st year is the year to do all your reading and work. You're motivated for this new chapter in your life. But after the first couple of months you get this sense of achievement with limited effort. This carries on throughout the year and its fine. But then 2nd year hits you in the face. The work starts piling up. Last minute no longer works, everything has to be planned. Yet 2nd year brings with it the dreaded phrase 'this year counts'. 

I'm not suggesting you do no work, but 1st year is the time to be spontaneous and not think about the consequences. After that there is no looking back!  Everything just begins to get serious.

The best advice I could give you is to start early. But I know and you know that won't happen. 

I like to set myself little targets such as 500 words each day or rewarding myself. If I write more than my target it makes it so much easier. 

I would just do what works best for you. But last minute is definitely not worth the stress at uni.





5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment. I will be sure to check your blog out.

    Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall at my uni days, I like to get a start on the assignment early but always slacking as times goes by. Great advice to do little by little instead of leaving everything at the end which would add extra stress and pressure.

    You have a great blog here, new follower :)

    Check out my international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone starts slacking sooner or later. Thank you for the lovely comment.

      Melissa xx

      Delete
  3. This is an incredibly helpful post. I am in my first year at university reading Law and I can totally relate. I found myself drowning in all the work I had left the last minute. I will take your advice on board and hopefully my work/life balance will improve next semester :) I just stumbled across your blog and I'm really glad I did. I look forward to more posts from you. I'm your newest follower- if you get the time, check out my blog and if you like it, please follow back :)

    Elif xx
    www.ourlondonwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the right balance. Thank you for stopping by I will be sure to check out your blog too :)

      Melissa xxx

      Delete