Thursday 16 January 2014

Ciate Very Colourfoil Manicure

Today I will be reviewing the Ciate Very Colourfoil Manicure in a mixture of Wonderland and Carnival Couture.

The sets are available in 3 colours - Carnival Couture, Kaleidoscope Klash and Wonderland. The sets retail for £18 on Ciate websites.


I purchased this set from TK Maxx for £5 which is why I have a mixture of two sets. I have the greyish mauve nail polish from the Wonderland collection and the foils from Carnival Couture. In a way I like this better as the foils which are actually provided in the Wonderland kit aren't the best colours.

Anyway, this is what effect the set it suppose to produce.

I think the effect of nail foils is really pretty as a form of nail art. However, I do not think this kit is necessary if you want the same effect pictured. Nail art foils are widely available. You are really just paying for the nail polish as the basic price for Ciate nail polish is £9. I don't really think the extra £9 for foil and foil fix is really worth it. 

The kit however is still nice. Here is a picture of what is included minus the nail wheel to practice on. The kit includes 30 foils which is a decent amount as you only use little bit of each foil to achieve the look. So there are plenty applications included


Here is just a step by step of the process and my finished look.

I do really like the look it gave my nails however there is a downside. If you want nail art to be quick and simple this is definitely not for you! It was very time consuming to recreate the look in the advert. It took me about 20 minutes just to do one nail. 

I am glad I only paid £5 for this though as I have been wanting to try this for a while. 

Overall I think it is nice for what it is. I do like the concept, but how long they will last is not clear. They have already started to peel whilst cooking dinner. This still happened even though I applied a top coat. A top coat is definitely a must with these nails. I wouldn't however pay the RRP as you can find alternatives elsewhere on a budget. I would highly recommend Ciate nail polishes though as I felt the nail polish is what sold it to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment